Thursday, February 11, 2016

Quick Blog Before London

It's already six weeks into the new semester, and Sportlov is just around the corner! During this break, Swedes are free to go out and do winter sports, such as cross country skiing, regular skiing, snowboarding, etc. Unfortunately, there's not much snow here anymore. Right after we got back, it snowed maybe a foot and a half- probably the most I've ever seen. Everything was bright and covered so beautifully with snow, it was a real life winter wonderland. After about a week, it got strangely warm and the snow just vanished. We recently got another lighter batch of snow, but it probably won't stay around for long with the warmer weather.


While there was snow, we tried to go out and enjoy it as much as we could. We took advantage of the lake freezing over and walked across it, which was crazy! Also scary and exciting. The view from the middle of the lake left me a bit awestruck because the whole thing felt like a dream, sort of like a "I can't believe I'm here!" moment. The same feeling also happened when we went ice skating on the lake. After buying some super cheap ice skates at the second hand store, my friend, Marco, and I were ready to go skating! It was a lot harder than I anticipated. I'm a below average skater anyway, but combined with uneven ice and a couple inches of snow to skate through, it was rough. Even so, it was ridiculously fun and I hope the lake freezes over again soon so we can skate more!

The gang on the frozen lake.
 From left to right: Sabrina, Anna, Marco, me, Pedro, Alex, Nikita, and Luke on the bottom right. :)

The last exciting thing we did in the snow was sledding. Special thanks to Tobias for bringing his GoPro, and special thanks to Marco for creating the video! The video says it all, and as you can see, it was a blast. Nothing is better than hanging out with our group of silly, beautiful, adventurous weirdos.

Now, all that's left to do before break is pack. A few friends and I have made plans to go to London, and I'm really excited!! There's going to be so much to do and see, I can't wait!

Thanks for reading, and have a good Sportlov and Valentines Day! Hej då! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment